Saturday 26 November 2011

Celebrating her 50th!

rejection!


I know, folks, I know. I can't believe it has come around so quickly. But alas I have reached my Really Big Milestone in literary agency rejections.

Maybe I should pick up this book, because, well, do you think it now applies to me?


Barbara Hannah Grufferman... how, oh how did you get published? What's your secret, woman?!?

Desperate interrogations aside, I would like to say this comes at an interesting time in my life. I am actually reaching that early mid-life crisis stage, as every day brings me closer to thirty (I am just on the verge of turning twenty-nine in a few weeks, and am already planning my thirtieth birthday parties - yes, plural - with all of the balloons and DJ song lists and choice of confetti that entails), and Ashbourne Hauntings (my baby), which I've been tirelessly obsessiving over for the past eight years of my life, is now in the capable hands of Royal Mail on its journey to a literary agency in San Fran by request.

So all is not lost. Every no gets you closer to a yes. If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. These are the little don't-give-up quotes that keep me going.

I have two other piles of paper in a drawer, and another pile of paper steadily growing on my desk, and I hope to think these are all things that you, my lovely readers, can look forward to seeing some years down the line, as I blindly feel my way around the world, with Hauntings packed safely in a worn leather satchel, looking for that one agent who wants to love it, does love it, and can sell it.

I can only hope that my 50th birthday party, twenty-one and a bit years from now, is as exciting as this.

Happy Saturday, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment